Signal is the safest messaging application to use
pCloud has released a report sharing which social media platforms share your personal data. As reported by PCloud, Signal, Clubhouse, and Netflix are the most secure social media platforms. They are not collecting any personal data of users.
According to pCloud report:
- Instagram has shared about 79% of your personal data with third-party companies.
- Facebook has shared about 56% of the data with third-party companies. They share 86 percent of the data for their benefit.
- LinkedIn and Uber Eat sell about 50% of the data to a third party.
- Surprisingly, Amazon shares at least a percentage of data compared to other companies mentioned above.
Signal Private Messenger:
Signal Private Messenger is one of the Most secure encrypted messaging apps that uses end-to-end encryption to keep your messages private. on the market. It is open-source, That is why there is no tracking, no ads.
Signal’s tagline is ‘Say Hello to Privacy’
Some important information about signal:
- It is developed by the Signal Foundation and Signal Messenger LLC and is a non-profit company.
- It is created by Moxie Marlinspike, an American entrepreneur cryptographer and currently CEO of Signal Messenger.
- The Signal Foundation was formed by Brian Acton and Marlinspike, co-founders of WhatsApp.
- Cost: FREE – no advertisements
- Support platform: Android, iOS, and Desktop.
- Open-Source Protocol
- end-to-end encryption
- Encrypted stickers
- Encrypted video chat
- Self-destructing messages after a given time frame
- Uses phone’s data connection to void SMS and MSS fees
- Group chat