The Top 10 Most Downloaded Apps Worldwide in 2020
Since March 2020, Covid-19 has brought huge problems for all of us. During this time, mobile phones are the solution to the laziness and discomfort that comes from living indoors. 2020 has seen a drastic change in the application download trend compared to previous years; The most popular apps have been downloaded on our smartphones to help us through the global epidemic.
The List of Top 10 Most Downloaded Apps Worldwide in 2020 provided by apptopia.com
TikTok was the first most downloaded app in 2020. It has been one of the most installed apps in the world. TikTok is a free social media app. It is a short-video, video-sharing app that allows users to create and share 15-second videos on any topic.
TikTok founded by the Chinese company ByteDance Ltd.
WhatsApp Messenger, or WhatsApp, was the second most downloaded app in 2020. It is one of the most popular and widely used chat application. It is an American freeware, cross-platform centralized messaging and voice-over-IP (VoIP) service. It supports communication between international phone networks. WhatsApp is a popular messaging app with end-to-end encrypted instant messaging that can be used on various platforms including Android.
- WhatsApp is owned by the American company Facebook.
- WhatsApp Inc. was founded in 2009 by Brian Acton and Jan Koum.
Facebook is the most popular social networking application in the world. The Facebook app is used for social and business communication almost everywhere. It allows users to sign-up for free profiles, connect with friends, work colleagues or people they don’t know online. It allows users to share pictures, music, videos, and articles as well as their own thoughts and opinions, although many people like them.
- Facebook was founded in 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg, Eduardo Saverin, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes, all of whom were students at Harvard University.
- According to Alexa Internet, Facebook ranks seventh in global Internet usage.
Instagram is a popular photo-sharing, video-sharing app that lets you connect with brands, celebrities, thought leaders, friends. This social media application has been of great help to shipping companies during COVID-19. It is predicted in 2020 that Instagram will see a 5.4% increase in US users and reach 112.5 million in 2021 and 117.2 million.
- Instagram created by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger and originally launched on iOS in October 2010 and owned by the American company Facebook.
Zoom is a cloud-based video conferencing service or audio conferencing, chat, and webinar and allows you to record sessions that you can watch later. This exponential growth of zoom is very significant due to the worldwide applied lockdown due to the COVID-19 epidemic. Offices and educational institutions were closed and people relied heavily on Zoom for video conferencing and calling to continue work and study from home.
- Zoom was founded in 21 April 2011 by Eric Yuan.
Messenger app is a free mobile messaging app that enables sharing of a private messaging function, group messaging, a photo, video, audio recording between two or more people.
- Messenger is launched in 2011 and owned by the American company Facebook.
Snapchat is a popular messaging app that allows users to exchange photos and videos (called snaps) that disappear after viewing. It is advertised as a “new type of camera” because the essential function is to take a picture or video, add filters, lenses or other effects and share them with friends.
- Snapchat was created by Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy, and Reggie Brown, former students at Stanford University.
Telegram is a free, cross-platform, cloud-based instant messaging software and application service that also provides end-to-end encrypted video calling, VoIP, file sharing and stickers and many other features.
- Telegram was founded in 2013 by Nikolai Durov, Pavel Durov.
- The largest number of downloads were from India at 24% followed by Indonesia at 10%.
9. Google Meet
Google Meet, formerly called Google Hangouts. it is Google’s premium video conferencing software or audio conferencing software, chat and webinars and allows you to record sessions that you can watch later.
- Google Meet is developed by Google.
Netflix is the world’s leading subscription-based streaming service, which allows our members to watch movies, web series and TV commercials on devices connected to the Internet.
- Netflix was first founded in August of 1997 by two serial entrepreneurs, Marc Randolph and Reed Hastings.
Tell us in the comment Section which app you use the most.